The NGO Darpan is a service provided by NITI Aayog that allows VOs (village organisations) and NGOs (non-government organisations) to be eligible for new government schemes and grants. This platform works with the NIC and NITI Aayog to strengthen the relationship between the government and non-profit organisations.
Furthermore, completing the NGO Darpan registration process provides greater responsibility and credibility to non-profit organisations. The portal has evolved and fully matured into an e-governance application that helps create a more transparent and healthy relationship between NGOs and the government. Apart from that, any NGO/VO registered as a society/trust/private non-profit under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 2013 or 1956 may apply for NGO Darpan registration.
The organisation should be registered as Section 8 company, public charitable trust, or society.
NGO Darpan is usually registered within 1 week from the date of submission of documents. In case there is objection raised, that may lead to delays.
Any VO/NGO registered as a trust/society/private limited nonprofit company under Section-25 Company of the Indian Companies Act, 1956 is eligible to register under NGO Darpan.
- Copy of the registration certificate as a PDF or JPG
- Pan Card of NGO
- PAN and Aadhaar card copies of 3 members in the executive committee
- Name of NGO/VO
- NGO address
- Registration number
- Date of registration
- Details of three members who are on the executive committee
- Details about funding from the government and chief area of working
NGO Darpan Registration - How to Register?
The government now requires NGOs and VOs to complete their Darpan registration online. To be eligible for FCRA registration and to apply for other government grants, the NGOs will need the NGO certificate or a unique ID. Here's a quick overview of the NGO Darpan procedure.
Step 1: Visit the NGO Darpan’s official website
Step 2: Click on the ‘sign up’ button and create a user ID and password
Step 3: Then, select registration and fill out all of the necessary information about your NGO
Step 4: During this step, you will be required to provide basic contact information as well as information about your PAN card
Step 5: Once you receive OTP on your registered mobile number, you can use it for verification and password generation
Step 6: Log in using and choose the appropriate industry, fill in the achievements section and enter the address
Step 7: Finally, click on the ‘submit’ button.
1. Assists NGOs and other VOs in interacting and engaging with government departments
2. Obtain a unique ID to help the NGO's credibility and goodwil
3. Department and Ministry websites collaborate with NGO Darpan to share critical information
4. Up-to-date information on new schemes, projects, and the status of previous initiatives
5. Contributes to the creation of a database or repository of information about VOs/NGOs.
FAQs on NGO Darpan Registration
Is it mandatory for an NGO to do NGO Darpan Registration?
Do I have to be physically present during the process?
How long does it take to get the Darpan registration done?
What is the validity of the Darpan registration?
How much does it cost for NGO registration?
What are the best practices in NGO darpan?